Saturday, April 7, 2012

LEATHER x WOOL: Love Affair

So you've already learned about my obsession with Leather a la Stella from PR Season 5, but this new trend puts an entirely new spin on love of this sleek, sexy fabric (think innocent girlfriend turned crazy, psycho stalker in really any Lifetime movie).

Ladies and gays, we present to you: Leather meets Wool.

I only recently discovered entirely infatuated I am with this trend when I ran into Alexa Moraif:


Okay, let me just start off by saying her effortlessly, fabulous outfit is perfectly complemented by her gorgeously curled hair and brilliantly white teeth--people should take note, some crest white strips and an extra 5 minutes spent on your hair go a long way.

Now for her outfit. The first reason I noticed her, her unreal jacket: dark grey wool with all-leather sleeves. It's like old-school high school varsity jock jackets except done for skinny, pretty girls and not football bros. See below:


(Emilio Estevez in The Breakfast Club, arguably the original bro)

Alexa pairs her jacket with that adorable printed sweater, classic black jeans, taupe Tory Burch ballet flats, and simple classic jewelry like her token anchor pendant necklace for her sorority Delta Gamma.

My love affair only deepened when I saw this promoter at Bijou later that night (obviously at a club, because it's the betchiest way to get drunk):


The jacket, shoes, AND printed hoodie underneath? What was your name again? Ugh, if only I didn't take that extra shot at the pregame...this situation calls for Craigslist Missed Connections.

So thank you to Alexa and the Bijou Promoter. You give my life hope.

xx

BUFP

No comments:

Post a Comment